PE & Sport
Physical Education is taught at the recommended level or more of 2 hours per week. Children experience Gymnastics, apparatus, games, dance, outdoor education and develop various athletic skills.
All pupils swim for one term at some time in their school life. There are also extensive opportunities to represent the school, particularly in KS2.
Kirkbampton School regularly provides children with a range of sporting activities in which to participate. These sports include football, netball, rugby, cricket, rounders, tennis, cross country running, athletics and hockey. Out of school clubs are organised at various times throughout the year and these include football, gymnastics and cricket. Pupils take part in some weekend competitions. The school also makes use of professional coaches whenever possible.
We strive to encourage children to adopt a positive attitude towards sport and competition. We offer children in the junior department opportunities to play as a team member in various activities including football, rounders, netball and cricket. Matches are organised against other schools’ teams.
Sport Inclusion/Equal Opportunity Policy
We aim to offer all children whether boy or girl, the opportunity
- To represent the school as part of a team during their time at Kirkbampton School.
- To offer the experience to all children, of varying abilities and of either gender, provided they are willing to practice, follow rules and maintain a friendly, sporting attitude.
- To show a high standard of sportsmanship and supportive attitude to other competitors.
As a curricular activity within P.E. and games lessons we aim:
- To encourage team work.
- To learn correct sporting attitudes.
- To learn to adapt to and accept the rigorous organisation and rules of team games.