Modern Foreign Languages
At Kirkbampton CE Primary School we endeavour to develop a love of languages through the teaching of a modern foreign language (MFL) in a fun and enjoyable way.
We aim to:
- Foster an interest in learning other languages
- Introduce young children to another language in a way that is enjoyable and fun;
- Stimulate and encourage children’s curiosity about language;
- Encourage children to be aware that language has structure and that the structure differs from one language to another
- Help the children develop their awareness of cultural differences and similarities in other countries;
- Increase their speaking and listening skills;
- Lay the foundations for future study through the development of language learning strategies
- Reinforce and expand their knowledge and understanding of their own language.
French is taught to children in Years 3, 4, 5 and 6 by class teachers.